cantinera

Amanda's Bookshelf

I'm a culture junkie who works at a bookstore. Pop, high-brow, junk -- it's all good. I try and consume it all. I read tons, especially young adult fiction. I also love quirky, offbeat novels; cultural analysis; mythology; girly fiction; fantasy; screwball romantic comedies; books with extremely flawed characters, yet somehow you really empathize with them; nonlinear narratives and language play.

The Runaway King
Topics About Which I Know Nothing
Patrick Ness
The Little Friend
Donna Tartt

Do Gentlemen Really Prefer Blondes?: Bodies, Behavior, and Brains--The Science Behind Sex, Love, & Attraction - Jena Pincott Very interesting and well written. Sometimes science books are written too dry and poorly, which is a shame since they do not do justice to their topic (which is not saying that the style should dumb down the way information is conveyed -- just keep it interesting!). This book was a great read with lots of information that was not only interesting, but quite useful if you are wanting to maximise your tips as a waitress or scientific explanations for attraction! I definitely recommend it.