cantinera

Amanda's Bookshelf

I'm a culture junkie who works at a bookstore. Pop, high-brow, junk -- it's all good. I try and consume it all. I read tons, especially young adult fiction. I also love quirky, offbeat novels; cultural analysis; mythology; girly fiction; fantasy; screwball romantic comedies; books with extremely flawed characters, yet somehow you really empathize with them; nonlinear narratives and language play.

The Runaway King
Patrick Ness
The Little Friend
Donna Tartt

Wildefire

Wildefire  - Karsten Knight My incoherent "review" (which ends with some BIG spoilers, so you have been warned):Wait... what? She's Pele! How cool?Poor Rolfe though.BUT OMG! THE END! I HAVE TO WAIT HOW LONG? Colt is Kokopelli? Her note said about the trickster! And that is the Hopi god known as the trickster, who also, um gives women babies. Random point. I should have seen that coming, tho I didn;t.I'm such a mythology geek and love folklore about gods, so I absolutely LOVED this. I love that it includes non-Greek/Roman ones as well.WHEN IS BOOK TWO OUT?Maybe I will edit this for coherency later, but at the moment my mind is boggled.